Ads 468x60px

Thursday, 5 July 2012

A Healthy Salad...

To call this a Salad Recipe would be an insult to your intelligence. Let's just say this is how I like my salads.. :-) A little corn, some onions, capsicum, tomatoes (a MUST!) and a dash of lemon... The job gets done in under 5 minutes, its tasty and you don't have to worry about it depositing on your hips or thighs! ;-) Feel free to add or skip any other vegetables or sprouts.
Then why did you post this, you ask? I thought you folks (like me) would be tired seeing too many baked goodies one after the other on my blog. And so, I present to you a palate cleanser before I bring in the big bombs! :-D Enjoy the healthy salad whist you can, for I do not guarantee the next food I bring will be easy on your stomach! :-D Tasty, oh yes. But light? Not a chance!
Mixed Veggies Salad
I use...
1/4 cup of boiled corn
1/4 cup of raw onions, chopped
1/4 cup of tomatoes, chopped finely
1/4 cup of bell pepper, chopped finely
1/2 tsp of lemon juice
Salt, to taste
Oregano or Thyme or Pepper
What I do...
Boil the con kernels until they are tender..
Mix everything else up.

That's it! :-)

13 comments:

  1. Colorful attractive and sensational salad !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple is always the best..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Healthy,crisp,simple and colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a great salad. Thanks for posting it. I have just now started my healthy diet and I am going to try this trow. Thanks a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very healthy and perfect for the weather here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Healthy, colorful salad.. always welcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my blog and for the lovely comments. The salad looks very tempting and delicious. Following you now.

    - Meg's Delicious Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a delicious combination for a colourful and crunchy salad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mouth watering :-) loved it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super colourful healthy salad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such clear and beautiful clicks, Kavi!!
    Definitely a show stopper in terms of the lovely shades it reflects and then the nutritive value makes it even better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice salad. A food like this can be tasty and yet healthy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...