I cannot believe that Edible Entertainment is 100 posts old already! When I started this blog on a Saturday night, I did not for one second know that this would turn into a passion! I read Divya Kudua’s blog Easycooking & just made a decision on an impulse to start a Food Blog. Then, Manali Shah’s valuable opinion made me realize how important it is to have a good click of your dish. Along with cooking, my dormant interest in photography has emerged too. And now, I try my best to make my food on the plate look good, get a best shot of it from the best possible angle, editing it and so on….
Anyway, I wanted to celebrate the 100th post of my blog with a Cake. (I had decided that since my first recipe, a Black Forest Cake. Only, I didn’t know if I would survive until the 100th post! :P) It also happened to be my brother’s 15th birthday! [I started cooking because I realized my interest in food, no doubt. But also, to get the “Best Sister” award from my foodie brother! ;-)] So, I clubbed the two events to make a 3 tier Whimsical CAKE. ‘Whimsical’ because this one has no rules, no perfection, nothing! ;-) What you want; you do. Any cake any icing! (Oh No Sir, you do not use tomato ketchup as icing on the cake! :-P)
To make the cake, you’ll need –
3 Chocolate Cakes of various sizes. (I made all in the Microwave)
Kit Kat Fingers
Colorful Candies (like M&M, Gems etc)
Chocolate Sprinkles / Vermicelli
1. Take the largest of the cake & apply Whipped Cream all over.
2. Sprinkle some chocolate sprinkles, scrolls, etc.
3. Place the second tier cake on it & apply chocolate buttercream or ganache.
4. Place the 3rd layer of the cake on top & apply whipped cream on it.
5. Stick Kit Kat Finger on the side of the cake to make it look like a fence. If this is not possible, just poke each Kit Kat gently on the lower cake layer.
6. Decorate the second layer with Gems or M&M.
7. Use any Chocolate Decoration of you choice on the third. I melted some chocolate & make a supposedly joker face.
8. Keep it chilled until you have to cut it.
* Make sure your whipped cream is chilled. Mine started melting very soon. I had to freeze it every 20 minutes while decorating.
Happy Birthday Satya! (It also happens to be another landmark. 80 followers via Google Friend Connect! ☻)
Yes, I know the cake looks comical. And that was the intention - really. You could of course do it neatly.
Will be announcing an event shortly. Stay tuned. ☺