I've already posted about some of the common frostings you can make. While I was researching on what to make for my birthday, I came across this very simple fudge frosting!Unfortunately, I didn't click pics coz I had to bake the cake & finish it super fast. I promise pictures the next time I make it! :-)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 (1 ounce) squares cooking/modelling chocolate
- 2-3cups confectioners' / powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave, or in the top of a double boiler. In a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, vanilla and 1/2 cup of the milk. Blend in the melted chocolate mixture. Add remaining milk, a little at a time, until desired consistency is achieved.
- Let stand until spreadable (frosting will thicken as it cools).