Ads 468x60px

Saturday 27 August 2011

Microwave Potato Chips

Yay!!!

I've found a snack that can be made within minutes! And what's more, I don't even need oil or butter!!!! These chips were fabulous! Almost like the store-brought Potato Chips! :-)

Ingredients (to make 1 cup)

Potato - 3 medium
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon (OR as per taste)
Red Chili Powder, Paprika, Pepper powder (optional)

Microwave safe plate
Microwave

Method
1. Cut the potatoes in thin round slices. {Cut it in 2 halves, then slice thin pieces.} If you aren't able to cut them this way, then cut into thin stripes!
2. Sprinkle salt all over the slices & mix well. Arrange on a microwave safe plate. You can also arrange on the glass plate at the bottom of the microwave. If you want, apply 1 teaspoon of oil. I skipped it. You can experiment with the flavors you like. Add spices like red chili powder, paprika etc. in this step.
3. Microwave for about 5 minutes. It depends upon your Microwave power, temp etc. Experiment with it. Check on your chips every 2 minutes. But generally, it is done in 4 to 5 minutes. If your slices are thick, you may have to flip it over the other side during half-time ;-)
 Your low-calorie delicacy is ready! :-)

7 comments:

  1. Haila.. try kartai aaj kal mein kabhi toh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @nothingintellectual - do it today! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make these too as I don't have to heat up the oven. Now that you have reminded me, I am craving for some. :)

    Vardhini
    Check out my 100th post giveaway.
    Current Event: Herbs and Flowers - Garlic

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is an interesting way of making chips!! We make pappads in the microwave - but I must try this :)
    Thanks for trying the cutlets, always the best compliment when one tries out my recipe :) thanks you dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect with garma garam chai ~ they look highly addictive!
    http://usmasala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried these and they turned out perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...