If you're wondering about the title, let me tell you that Instant Noodles is NOT healthy. It (usually) is made up of refined flour which has zero nutrients! But... IT IS TASTY! ☺ I find it even more tasty when I add some vegetables & other spices! And this post it titled Healthier Noodles because by adding the veggies, you make it slightly healthier than just plain noodles!! :-D This is a very basic version of Noodles (not the CHINESE type)
Instant Noodles - 1 packet (I used a 200 grams packet)
Water - as per instruction on the cover OR enough to cover the noodles
Capsicum - 1medium finely chopped
Carrot - 1 medium finely chopped
Onion - 1 medium finely chopped
Any cooking Oil - 1 teaspoon
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Green Chili - 1 finely chopped
Garlic - 2 cloves finely chopped (optional)
If you don't get the ready to use garnish powder (tastemaker) with your noodles, you can substitute it with the following spices -
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Groundnut powder - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - 1 teaspoon
Onion Powder - 1 teaspoon
Cumin Powder - 1 teaspoon
Red Chili Powder - 1 teaspoon
Garam Masala - 1 teaspoon (optional)
***Mix them all together and use instead of the taste-maker / ready to use powder given in the noodles' packet.
To make the noodles -
1. Heat the oil in a wok. Add the garlic & sauté for 1 minute.
2. Add the chopped onions & sauté until it is a little soft (around 1-2 minutes on high flame)
3. Next, add the chopped carrot, green chili and capsicum and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the taste maker (ready to use powder given in the packet of noodles). If not, add the alternative powder mix as given above. Let it cook for 1 - 2 minutes.
5. Add the water. (You can adjust the amount of water later on too. So, adopt a conservative approach while pouring water into the wok.) Let it be on high flame until it starts to boil.
7. It has to cook on high flame for about 2-5 minutes (you'll know when it is done. the water would have evaporated & the noodles is soft)