For a lot of people, reading *Healthy* & *Tasty* in one sentence is bliss. :-D The constant yo-yoing around with healthy and then junk and then healthy and again junk food is something which (most of us) are familiar with. And since including fitness to my blog, (hoping fervently that it would rub of on me too) I have been on the lookout for anything that is Healthy+Tasty. Coz lets face it - if I had to live off on Caesar Salad & Fruit Juices for the rest of my life to remain fit, I'd DIE!
And when I came across Smita's event: The Healthy Cooking Challenge, and that she was looking for people to guest host the November challenge, I jumped in! :-D And to my delight, she agreed. So here I am, guest hosting my first event. So our theme for November is Healthy Lunch. Lunch - short for luncheon is a mid-day meal. A fresh, wholesome meal eaten between noon & 2 pm helps us to curb temptation that sets in later during the evenings. Put on your thinking caps & come up with unique lunch ideas that are basically healthy. It can be an elaborate Indian meal or a light Western Meal. As long as it is in line with our theme, you're good to go.
Some rules you need to keep in mind are -
1. Post your Recipes between 1st November - 31st November
2. Old entries re-posted are allowed.
3. Kindly stick to Vegetarian recipes. (Eggs may be used, though not preferable)
5. Usage of logo, though appreciated, is not mandatory.
6. Multiple entries accepted.
7. The roundup of the event will be posted on December 1st, 2011.
8. All eligible entries - please LINK YOUR RECIPES to this page. (with Simply Linked - post your Recipe name & URL here)
9. Non-bloggers & those who are not able to link their recipes here can shoot me an email at - firstname.lastname@example.org [chefkavi1990(at)gmail(dot)com] with the subject line as - HCC and with the following information -
- Your Name -
- Blog's Name -
- Blog URL
- Recipe Name -
- Recipe URL -
- Attach a picture
- In case you are a Non-Blogger, send me the recipe too if you want. I'll post it on my blog
Here are some Lunch ideas to get you started -
> Bean Burritos
> Brown Rice & Lentils
>Roti / Tortilla
> Soup & Salad
> Porridge etc
* I'd be lying if I say I'm not nervous about hosting this event, coz I totally am! This is my very first event and I'm really looking forward to a lot of entries. So please take a moment and link your recipes to this page. Lunch is something we all eat everyday and so, you won't be doing anything out of the way, right? Just cook, click pics, post & link! (Please?! :-) :-D)
I'm even thinking of announcing Virtual Award Winners at the end of this event. :-D
HCC : Healthy Lunch
(Between 1st November - 30th November 2011)