This is Part - 2 of Gayathri's contribution to my CWK series. Check out her Poppy Seeds Poori in the previous post
Onion-2 medium sized
Tomato-3 medium sized
For The Spice Paste:
Khus Khus/ Poppy Seeds-1tbs
Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder-1tsp
Grated Fresh Coconut-1/4cup
- Heat oil for the spice paste. Add the khus khus and sauté until golden.
- Add the powders to the pan and sauté until aromatic.
- Add coconut and sauté till golden.
- Remove from flame and grind the mixture into smooth paste.
- Add tomatoes to boiling water. Switch off stove after a minute.
- Keep it aside for 10minutes.
- Remove the skin of tomatoes and grind it to a smooth puree.
- Heat oil and add finely chopped onions.
- When golden, add peas and finely chopped palak and sauté until water is evaporated.
- Add tomato puree and sauté till oil separates.
- Add the spice paste, turmeric powder, salt and fennel powder.
- Add Enough water to bring it to right consistency.
- When it starts boiling switch flame to low and cover the pan.
- Cook until peas are tender.
- Switch off flame and transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve hot with Khus Khus Pooris