I'm here with another guest post for my CWK Series. And this time, Anjali from Spice n Sugar Tales has graced us with her delectable Raw Mango Pickle! I got acquainted with Anjali 2 months ago, when she won the Jingle All the Way event hosted on my blog. Mails were sent back and forth and before I knew it, we became good friends! :-) She agreed to do the guest post and sent me this recipe long back. Enjoy!
In this life full of hustle n bustle, hurries and worries, sometimes you come across pearls that shine and leave their radiating reflection in your eyes never to be forgotten. One fine day when I was playing with my daughter, rhyming with her on the tunes of 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star', and I received a buzz from this young, talented girl on my chat. I only knew her as a blogger by then and that day I saw the other side of her, the brilliant girl who's going for her C.A., all destined and aimed towards her goals, and still the passion for cooking reigning her mind. I was bewildered to know that she learnt cooking at the age of 9; gosh, I didn't know how to make tea at that age!! She is a girl full of life, vivacious and charming, talented and determined, and I wish she stays like that forever. We all love you, Kavi, and your blog 'Edible Entertainment' rocks!!
This girl has been hosting a number of events, and now with this new event of hers, called 'Cooking With Kin', she's inviting her fellow blogger and non-blogger friends to guest post on her blog; what an honour!! I'm literally delighted to be a part of that team and I feel great in writing this post for her.
This recipe is a favorite in my family because it's very simple, very quick and goes well with just anything and everything. I always used to see my mom and grand-mom making pickles/ achaar during summers and saving them for the whole year, but I never did that. For me, life has always been a run from here to there, flipping countries like pages and going on and on. With this fast pace of life, this recipe is what I cherish as a gift. This one is very close to my heart and hence I feel elated in posting this for someone who's also a sweetheart.
INSTANT RAW MANGO PICKLE
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: None
1. Raw Mango: 1(small sized)
2. Onion: 1 (big)
3. Salt: 1/2 tsp
4. Black/ Rock Salt: 1/4 tsp
5. Cumin Powder/ jeera: 1/4 tsp
6. Red Chilli Powder: 1/4 tsp
7. Crushed Dried Mint: 1 tsp
- Wash the raw mango with running water and wipe off with a cotton cloth.
- Peel off the outer skin and chop it into very fine pieces.
- Cut the onion and chop it in a similar fashion. If you wash it before use, make sure to let it dry for 10 minutes in open before you mix the spices.
- Now add all the spices and salt to the chopped delights and cover the pot.
- Keep it in the sun-light for an hour or so, but this is not mandatory.
- The pickle is ready to be used with just anything. You can use it as a side-dish with aloo paratha, as pickle with rice, as a topping with kebabs, as a taste-lifter with chaats, and believe me, my daughter just has this as it is, tapping her tongue and blinking her eyes. :)
- The mango should be raw, really raw; sweet mangoes will spoil the taste.
- This can be refrigerated for about 4-5 days, although it vanishes off at my place in just a day.
- You can adjust the tangy flavors by adding in more or less onions.