I finally found a way to use the half a tin of condensed milk that had been sitting in my refrigerator since this post. Since I wanted to start afresh in 2012, I went exploring the net for what I could make with the condensed milk. I found awesome recipes but were too much of a hassle. And some just had too much butter, cream, sugar besides the condensed milk! I drooled every time I saw the pictures & cringed seeing the list of ingredients! Which is exactly why you'll understand my delight when I came across this recipe. I have renamed the dish coz it felt more fudgy rather than brownie-y :-D And they are delightfully chocolaty.
Recipe adapted from DV
Condensed Milk - 1/2 tin or 1 cup (200ml)
Marie Biscuits - 20-25 biscuits
Unsweetened Cocoa powder - 3 tablespoons
Powdered Sugar - 2-3 teaspoons
Roasted Nuts - 1/4 cup or 50 grams (use nuts of your choice. I used pistachios)
1) Roast nuts of your choice & keep aside.
2) Break biscuits into fours & powder coarsely in a mixing bowl. You can use a blender but its more easy to just do it with your hands. Crush them
3) Sift in (or just add) cocoa powder & sugar (optional) to the biscuit powder & give it a good mix
4) Roughly chop the roasted nuts and add to the bowl. Mix well. I added some chopped chocolate too! :D
5) Add the condensed milk to this mixture
6) Using a spoon, mix everything together. (Don't use a whisk or an electric mixer as the mixture tends to get very thick. Give your arms a good workout! :-D) Mix well until all the powdery bits are incorporated.
I had little less condensed milk hence the mixture was really thick. I use a teaspoon of water to loosen it.
7) Taste the mixture. If you feel it has to be more sweet, add the powdered sugar and mix well. (I added)
8) Line a dish (preferably, a flatter one) with butter paper or just grease it & transfer the mixture to the tray.
9) Press with wet fingertips until everything is set & uniformly spread.
10) Refrigerate (not freeze) for at least 4-5 hours or overnight, if possible.
Cut into squares & serve!
Well, I had only 1/4 of the condensed milk & didn't have a smaller tin. So the fudgy-brownies look thin. But they don't affect the taste in anyway! We all loved it. You will too, if you make them. C'mon, I can't ship them to you. :P You want it, you gotta work for it baby. :D