Ads 468x60px

Sunday 24 July 2011

French Fries

French Fries..... Potatoes- fried in oil! Can it get any easier & tastier than this? ☻ Throw in some ketchup & serve it along with Burger, you have a king's meal! Ok, maybe not King. But you certainly have a very delightful meal!

I love my dear friend Manali Shah's blog Nothing Intellectual. It ain't a food blog. She just keeps it short & simple & talks about various stuff! Recently, she had made a recipe I sent her long back. Cheesy French Fries. And the photo was so delicious that I wanted to break the computer screen to reach them! ☻ Anyways, I had planned on making Veggie Burger for which I boiled some potatoes. On an impulse, I decided to use 2 potatoes to make french fries. Since I didn't follow the proper steps, they didn't really come out exactly like these. You may want to go read the recipe here.
You need - 
Boiled Potatoes - 2
Salt - to taste (around 1-2 teaspoons)
Oil - for deep fry
Ice cold water

Method - 
1. Boil the potatoes. Not very much. Even half boiled is fine.
2. You will have to use the julienne style of cutting the potatoes. i.e - Cut them into long thin pieces like how the fries are. (You sure MUST have had french fries some time!  ☻).
3. Take cold water enough to keep the potatoes dipped. Dissolve the salt in the water. & then put the cut potatoes into the cold water.
(I dissolve the salt in water so that the soaked potatoes absorb the salt well)
4. Keep them soaked for 45 minutes - 1 hour. Drain all the water, pat dry & fry in hot oil.
Your fries are ready! If you want, you could add more salt/pepper & Enjoy! :-)
(I sprinkled some grated cheese & let it melt. You can avoid it too)
Check out Manali's picture... Looks much better!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, glad you tried this out! Looks good too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...