Ads 468x60px

Sunday 10 July 2011

Pasta

I'm not a big fan of Pasta. But my brother loves it! I decided to make Pasta after one of my friends asked me to! [you know who you are ;-)]
You can make so many different styles of Pasta! I went crazy reading so many recipes online! Makes you wonder how you can make so many things with a tiny pasta! ☺ Check out this book on your left. It has many recipes you'll definitely love!
So, anyways, as I said, I couldn't zero in on any particular recipe. So, I made my own! ;-) And my brother couldn't stop licking his fingers, the spoon & the plate. SO I take that as a good indicator! I personally don't like Pasta so didn't really care for how it came out!
Ingredients
Ener G Foods - Pasta Rice Shells Small 16 Oz.
(or any pasta shells packet)
Onion - 1 medium sized (finely chopped)
Capsicum - half medium  (finely chopped)
Sweet Corn - a cup (100 grams) (boiled)
Tomato - 1 medium sized
Garlic cloves - 2 cloves (finely chopped)
Green Chili - 2-3 (finely chopped)
Coriander/Parsley - 2-3 tablespoons  (finely chopped)
Mozzarella Cheese - for garnish
Processed Cheese - 1 cube
Olive Oil (or any cooking oil) - 2-3 teaspoons
Salt - to taste (around 1-2 teaspoons)
Oregano - for garnish
Chili Flakes - for garnish
Pizza Sauce - 3 tablespoons. (skip if you don't have or cannot make)
Tomato Ketchup - for garnish (around 5-6 tablespoon
White Sauce - 2 tablespoons
(I didn't want to make the Salsa sauce because I had some left-over Pizza Spread. So I mixed some tomato ketchup with the Pizza Spread, heated it for 30 seconds & mixed it well. You can use just the tomato ketchup too if you don't have the Salsa or Pizza Spread)
Method
1. Boil the Pasta (in hot water) for about 10 minutes. I put a pinch of salt so that it gets absorbed by the shells. Stir it continuously so that the Pasta doesn't stick to the vessel. Touch one pasta shell to see if it has cooked. It shouldn't be so soft that it becomes all mushy. Drain the water and transfer all the pasta shells to cold water. This prevents sticking of the pasta shells.
 
2. In a pan, heat the 2 teaspoons of Olive oil (or any cooking oil you use). Sauté the garlic & green chili for about 1 minute. Add the WHITE SAUCE, onions, 1-2 teaspoons of salt & sauté for about 2 minutes.
 3. Now add the Pizza Spread-Tomato Ketchup mix, capsicum, corn & sauté well for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes in the end. Don't keep it for long. Tomatoes get soggy. It tastes best when it is crunchy. So add the pasta shells immediately after.
4. Add the pasta shells & mix well. You can add the cheese, oregano & red chili flakes finally. 
5. Garnish it with chopped coriander/ parsley leaves. ENJOY!

5 comments:

  1. I JUST LOVE all the details you put into your blog posts. First time here, but I will be back. Terrific work so far, keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is looking so yummy, Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Year on Grill - thanks so much! I myself love your blog :)
    @ Saru - thanks dear!
    @Swati - sure! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...