Anyways, I hope you read my post on how to make a cake in the Cooker? Like I mentioned there, I was scared. SO I just made 3 small cupcakes in the cooker & the rest in the oven. But since those cakes were a success, I won't be needing my oven so often anymore! ;-)
I made the MARBLE CAKE with the batter. People look at it and go "oh-my-God! so many colors! I wont be able to do it". Which is really silly because you get me a cake that is simple & more fun than marble cake & I'll make you a 100 cakes! :-P
I'll repeat the steps here again, even though its the same as this.
Plain Flour/ Maida - 2 cups (200 grams)
Wheat flour - 1/2 cup (50 grams) (I just wanted to know how it tastes. Skip it if you want)
Powdered Sugar - 2 cups (200 grams) (you can add more later according to your taste)
Butter or Oil - 100 grams (I used butter)
Baking Soda - 1 teaspoon
Baking Powder - 1 teaspoon
Milk or Water - 200 ml (I used milk)
Vanilla Essence - 1 teaspoon
Cocoa powder - 2 tablespoons
Orange Color - 1 teaspoon (or any color of your choice // or skip & make plain vanilla or chocolate cake)
Chocolate Chips - handful or as per taste (optional)
Almonds - a few (optional)
To proceed -
1. In a vessel, mix the milk (or water), butter, vanilla essence.
2. In another vessel, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda. (Sifting ensures that the flour is a smooth mixture. But you can avoid this step & plainly mix the ingredients too)
3. To the milk-butter mixture, slowly add 4-5 spoons of the flour mixture & beat well (either manually or with an electronic beater) Keep adding until the flour mixture is finished. Also add nuts & choco chips if you want.
** If the flour is too thick, you can confidently add 2-3 tablespoon of milk. & if it is too thin, add more flour & sugar ☺
4. Separate the mixture into 3 bowls. In 1 bowl, add the Orange (or any other) color. In the other, add the cocoa powder. And let the 3rd be plain vanilla. Beat all the mixtures separately.
5. Grease a cake tin & line it with parchment paper.6. Take the plain vanilla mixture & put 3-4 spoons in the cake tin. But put it in different places. (all over the cake tin)
7. Next, take the color mixture & put spoonful of it in different places on the cake tin. (skip & use chocolate mixture if you want to make only 2 colors)
8. Now, take the chocolate mixture & put it in various places. It can be in different places. But as far as possible, don't let the chocolate layer meet another chocolate layer.
9. In this way, completely finish all mixtures by randomly placing spoonful of mixture on the cake tin.
10. Take a fork. (this is the FUN part of Marble Cake!) Just make any design you want. Or mix the batter very lightly in all direction. Don't mix too much or the colors will start mixing with each other & becoming a single colored batter. Just enough to look like this -
11. Preheat the oven to 200 degree C. Bake the cake for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes clean.
Enjoy!!! ☺ ☻